Hi all, what a glorious Saturday here in London - grey sky, fog, possible bacon and eggs. Good stuff. Thought I’d answer some anon questions before breakfast (which is my favorite part of any Saturday).
1) For all my watercolor painting I use this set, and I highly recommend it.
2) I was given a watercolor paper pad and have been using it ever since because it’s some really damn fine quality paper. It’s this one - acid free, mould-made 100% cotton paper.
3) Inking, pencil drawing and watercolor painting make me a very happy human being. For digital painting I use photoshop! Still only knowing how to use the basic tools, maybe I should dig deeper.
4) Yes I do! The secret is to do superthin pencil lines when drawing on watercolor paper, all the rough sketching and hard pencil pushing can be exercised elsewhere, and only the ‘confirmed’ drawing gets transferred onto the watercolor paper ready to be painted on. It’s also very important to use minimum eraser, as it destroys the beautiful texture of watercolor paper and, obviously, affects the quality of painting.
5) Art is something conceived through my eyes in my brain, that I then give birth to through by hands and show the newborn to the world shaking him around in the style of Michael Jackson dangling his baby over the hotel balcony.
6) Thank you, I might give it a try.
7) Well, quite thank you!
8) I have that planned, yess!
Cheers everybody. Also last photo of my own self was posted here 2 years ago, so here’s a recent picture of me looking at you with sad eyes.
Have a cool weekend ^^
Anonymous said: Hi, I'm probably being an idiot but am looking at this on a smartphone and can't see if you sell prints. I have fallen in love with the 7 Deadly Sins cats and would love to get some for my home. Is this a thing?
No you are not! ^_^
Unfortunately, at the moment the deadly sins set is available for online collection only. However the plan is to add ‘buy prints’ option to NeonMob’s platform at some point in the future. Thanks!
Some time ago I was approached by Neonmob - a collectible digital art platform where anyone can discover new art and grow personal collections of limited-edition content created by artists from around the world.
I created an art set for the platform, which was a great commission as I was given all the creative freedom I needed to have fun.
The idea of Deadly Sins has been floating inside my head for a while, but instead of creating something dark and gloomy I decided to add an epic ingredient to the concoction - cats. This helped me create some artwork that was both dark and humorous (my favourite type). Also we thought that changing the rules never hurt anybody, and added an extra piece illustrating the eight sin! Yes, I definitely made it up myself.
Thanks for watching ^_^
I took part in a lovely cover design brief organized by Computer Arts, which I personally consider one of the best graphic design mags here in UK.
The cover design brief was themed around “NEW TALENT” - the issue was dedicated mostly to recently graduated media students, fresh and talented crowd.
I created and submitted two artworks to this contest, and neither of them won!
But CA team liked my contribution and were so nice about it they printed it full size on two freakin’ pages, and I must say that’s just awesome. More than happy with that.
Follow me on facebook and instagram, more stuff comin’ soon!
It was the 30th anniversary of Tetris a couple of weeks ago.
Below is a little illustrated tribute I created to celebrate the date!
Hope you like it.
And a couple of other links for those who haven’t had a chance to catch up with my internet activity just yet ^_^
Don’t I just love anons.
As there’s no way to reply to them directly, posting stuff right here!
I mean, will they even see these answers? How do I know.
1) There are prints, yep! You can get one for your room from this site: http://society6.com/MarijaTiurina
2) Definitely! Big fan of Sachin Teng, he rocks. Also Mark Ryden, of course.
3) Wouldn’t mind at all! Would love to hear it, actually.
4) Yep http://instagram.com/marijatiurina
6) Hope you’re loving it! Good luck :)
7) One of the most washed out questions of the century.
It all depends on the detail of the commission. A lot.
8) I’d love to! Still trying to find a screen recorder that works.
Cheers everyone, enjoy the weekend.
I have been working on this project for a while - it had been good fun as I truly love drawing characters.
I had to create 30 character designs based on 15 personality types for a humorous test that tells you who you really are! You pass it and get a description of your inner self alongside an illustrated character portrait done by me.
And here are some links - follow for arty updates!
If you ever wondered how I look like in real life - here’s a short ‘behind the scenes’ film showing the process of time lapse video making and origami drawing
under pressure ^_^